So, you’ve decided to spice up your kitchen a little bit? Well, that’s a good idea. Change is the only constant and that applies to kitchens as well. After all, why would you want the same boring, old look?
Anyway, there are some key changes that are bound to occur as part of the renovation process. One of those is the installation of the new countertop. Now, you might be tempted to choose the same material that you’ve already used. Why wouldn’t you, especially if it’s served you well?
However, we suggest you change it all up and go in for a quartz countertop. Why? Well, here are a few reasons.
Quartz countertops are, typically, manufactured in a factory, through careful engineering techniques. So, you’re bound to find a wide range of patterns and colors, compared to natural materials. Now, don’t get us wrong, it isn’t all unnatural.
Quartz countertops are composed of 94% quartz. The remaining 6% is a blend of polyester resins. This is what allows for the versatility. In fact, some manufacturers even use recycled glass, which creates a unique appearance.
Another major benefit of quartz countertops is that they are super durable, which is a key necessity in kitchen countertops. You see, quartz isn’t porous like a lot of the other materials on the market. Its reduced porosity means lesser staining and easier cleaning, which, in turn, translates to better maintenance and durability.
So, if durability is what you need, don’t think twice about getting a quartz countertop. Plus, as we said earlier, they’re made of resin, which is a low maintenance material. No need for abrasive stone cleaners each time there’s a spill!
We all want to be environmentally responsible today and choosing a quartz countertop for the kitchen is a small step in that direction. You see, quartz countertops are made from the quartz mineral, which you probably already know.
Anyway, the point is that this mineral is mined in a way that is mild to moderately impactful. This is because it is the second most abundant material found on the earth’s crust. In other words, quartz countertops are low emission products.
So, there you have it – versatility, durability, and environmentally friendly. These are some of the key characteristics that make quartz countertops a very sensible option. So, don’t think too hard. Going in for a quartz countertop will be one of your wisest decisions.