Selecting the Right Countertop for your Kitchen
Here is a list of some of the best countertop options that are available to homeowners today:
1. Granite & Natural Stones:
Granite is perhaps one of the most favored choices when it comes to kitchen countertops and is easily available in a wide range of shades and patterns. Granite is a stain, scratch, and heat resistant surface. Granite is an igneous rock. This means the stone has crystallized and solidified from lava in a molten state.
Granite is typically available in two kinds of finishes. The polished finish gives a shiny appearance and it usually darkens the look of the original stone. Honing on the other hand results in a soft, matte finish. The pricing of granite is dependent on several factors including the finish, color as well as the place from which it is sourced.
Here at Marble Unlimited we usually have 200 slabs of granite in stock at any given time.
Various other naturally occurring stone materials, such as limestone, soapstone, travertine and marble, also available at Marble Unlimited, are softer as compared to granite. Marble can lend a very rich look to your home décor. At Marble Unlimited, you can find several varieties of marble including Carrara and Calcutta Marble.
Several modern homeowners are also looking at an alternative, more expensive, marble looking sophisticated option for kitchen countertops. Such countertops are made with a material called quartzite. This is a much older rock than granite and is metamorphic rock formed by sandstone. Marble is also made from limestone and has been altered by heat and pressure. So with quartzite you get the beautiful look of marble with an extremely hard surface. Quartzite is scratch, stain, and heat resistant. It usually costs more than granite due to its density.
3. Manmade Quartz
Many manufacturers are now quarrying quartzite and purifying the quartz then adding color to it. This is the most expensive option for your kitchen however this is a strong durable solution. I usually turn to this option if a customer is looking for a solid color or a certain look. This is also a great option for commercial projects or high use areas like reception desks. We offer many different manufactures like; Cambria, Caesarstone, Hanstone, Silestone, Zodiac and also generic brands like Cosmos and Dal-tile.
Kitchen Remodel: Getting Creative
It is a good idea to think out-of-the-box for your kitchen remodelling project. After all, you only do your kitchen once in several years and a little extra effort is completely worth it.
It is common to see typically square edges on almost all countertops. However, decorative edges such as bevel, radius, ogee, half bull-nose, and full bull-nose look extremely unique and eye-catching. These are a great way to add some character to your new kitchen. Obviously the kind of edges that you can use depends on the type material you pick for the kitchen countertop.
If you are looking for stone options for a kitchen countertop, simply visit Marble Unlimited. Here you have the luxury of looking through a huge variety of stones for your kitchen remodelling project. Also enjoy our affordable prices, excellent quality, and brilliant delivery services!
Fast turn around
Lowest price guaranteed
Locally owned and operated
HOW TO GET STARTED
Getting a quote
– Fax over or email a layout. Please provide us with as much information as you can.
– Come in for a visit to our location. Don’t forget to bring your cabinet door and flooring sample to compare to the slabs.
– Bring your layout or measurements.
Placing an order
– Cabinets need to be installed.
– The stove, dishwasher, fridge etc.need to be on location.
– The sink needs to be on location too so that we may take it back to the shop and use it as a template for the sink cutout.
– Once all requirements are satisfied, you can give us a call and we can come to you to template your kitchen. Once we are done we require a 50% deposit based on the estimate price.
The final price
– The final price will be calculated based on the measurements taken on the jobsite. We will also verify the stone and the edge selected.
– If the stone’s color pattern or grain is not consistent, we recommend that you come down to our yard to select the slabs and the specific parts of them. At this point we need your “OK” to fabricate the counter.
– It usually takes us 5 to 7 business days to fabricate and install the project after the final price is confirmed.
– Before we finish the job we require the final payment. This payment is due no later than on the day of the installation. We can then proceed with the installation. We will install the countertop and seam it if necessary.
– Last, we will drill the faucet holes and attach the sink.
MATERIALS WE OFFER